This Policy outlines the way in which Cormiston Legal Pty Ltd (‘Cormiston’) manages personal information.
Generally, the personal information that we collect and hold includes names, occupations, addresses, contact details, payment details, employment history, education and qualifications, testimonials and feedback, and other information to assist us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- clients, business associates and potential clients and their employees;
- information about individuals we collect in the course of acting for clients;
- suppliers and their employees;
- employees, prospective employees and contractors; and
- other people who come into contact with Cormiston Legal.
We will generally collect personal information from:
- you directly when you provide your details to us;
- you indirectly through emails, meetings, business cards, forms (such as feedback forms), telephone conversations and social media channels (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ sites); and
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of any personal information that we collect. Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Generally, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
- conduct business;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- provide and market our services;
- communicate with you to provide or promote our services; and
- help us manage and enhance our services.
Your personal information (including your sensitive information in very limited circumstances) may be disclosed to the following recipients:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- third parties who assist us in providing our services (including hosting and data storage providers and debt collectors); and
- social media sites on which we have a site.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following overseas recipients:
- anyone else where we are required to do so by law;
- other companies or individuals who are providing services to us;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities; and
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer on 03 6332 9353 or email us at email@example.com . We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer on 03 6332 9353 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may be required to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by us and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 363 992
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at www.cormistonlegal.com.au and can also be obtained by contacting us on 03 6332 9353 or email at email@example.com
In this Policy - 'we', 'us', and 'our' means Cormiston Legal Pty Ltd.